Many homeowners do not struggle choosing between a glass shower door and a shower curtain, for they already know what they like from the start. But if you are on the fence, this piece is for you. In this post, South Shore Dream Bath talks about the pros and cons of each option, so you could have a better idea of what to expect from them.
Glass Shower Doors Pros
- Watertight – Any trustworthy shower and bathtub remodeling companies will attest that glass enclosures reduce splashing. A glass door can’t eliminate all of the gaps, but it hardly lets the water out when closed properly.
- Space-Enhancing – As a transparent material, the glass extends the gaze into the shower. It also helps bounce the light around, making the bath feel airier.
- Customizable – Glass enclosures can be built based on the specifications of your bathroom.
- Valuable – Homeowners generally appreciate glass shower enclosures. If you sell your house later on, you could recover a significant portion of your expenditure since many buyers are willing to pay good money for it.
Glass Shower Doors Cons
- Costly – Of course, a glass door commands a higher price than a shower curtain. If you have demanding design requirements, your bathroom remodel estimate could balloon to make up for the extra materials and labor necessary to install them.
- Hazardous – Glass can break one way or another. If you have kids at home, this danger is worth the consideration.
Shower Curtains Pros
- Cheap – If you want to keep your bathroom remodel budget as low as possible, a shower curtain is the way to go.
- Variety – Unlike glass, curtains can come in different fabrics and patterns. A curtain can round out the design of your bathroom and lend more character to it.
- Child-Friendly – Shower curtains are not immune to damage, but they rarely injure anyone.
Shower Curtains Cons
- High-Maintenance – Any experienced contractors for bathroom remodel will confess that shower curtains could stain quickly and could need replacement frequently.
- Claustrophobic – Most shower curtains are not see-through, so they could make the space feel smaller. Translucent options allow the light in, but they still do not share the clarity of glass.
Are you still undecided about which shower enclosure solution to choose? Call South Shore Dream Bath (781) 733-5405 to schedule your free consultation, and let us go over all of your options.