Under normal economic conditions, real estate is one of the most viable and secured investments. Enhance your home value by transforming your bathroom into a comfortable and relaxing haven. As you add the needed bathroom improvements, you also upgrade your lifestyle as well as the resale value and marketability of your home.
Let’s take a look at some ways of improving the functionality and aesthetic value of your bathroom with the following bathroom improvements:
- Shower and Bath – An outdated style and years of use can make your bathtub look shabby. Replacing it with a newer style is an ideal option if you have the budget. Dingy baths and showers can have a fresh new look by using bath and shower liners. They are easy to clean, durable and last long. As your family grows, it may be prudent to add a new bathroom to enhance the livability of your home and make it easier to resell it later. Again, if you have the budget, try considering luxurious additions like a steam shower or Jacuzzi tub to create a picture of beauty and elegance.
- Toilet – Find out if your porcelain throne needs upgrading or if a second unit is needed. If you’re looking to replace your toilet, there are a variety of water efficient toilets with great flushing power to choose from. For instance, in a dual flush toilet, you can set the amount of water you need to use based on your requirement. Also now available are smart toilets that are automated. The seat automatically opens as you approach, flushes by itself and closes as you leave.
- Flooring – Vinyl is widely used because it is affordable and has various fashionable designs that look like ceramic or porcelain. Ceramic tile is also commonly used while concrete and natural stone like granite, marble, slate or limestone are elegant bathroom improvements.
- Sink and Fixtures – You don’t need to do a complete makeover of your bathroom to add value to it. Upgrading your sink and faucets can instantly create a high-end feel. You can have a variety of choices of under-mount, deep or freestanding sinks. Stylish metal faucets and fixtures with silver, copper, bronze, nickel and gold finishes and matching towel bars and hooks also lend a sense of sophistication to your bathroom.
- Counters and Vanities – Make a positive statement by using countertops and cabinets that match the general theme of your home. Natural stone materials like marble, granite, quartz, limestone and soapstone are ideal for counters because of their clean and smooth finish. Vanities, vertical storage and wooden medicine cabinets with multiple shelves, drawers and dividers can be used to hide clutter. Other maximum value bathroom improvements for luxury homes include upscale features like built-in lighting, anti-fog mirrors and towel warming drawers.
To achieve the quality and style of the bathroom you are dreaming of, choose a contractor who respects your ideas, understands your vision, considers your budget and is truly concerned about giving maximum value to your home.