Many see their bathrooms as places to escape and relax. If you enjoy spending time soaking in your tub, or you simply like to get ready every morning in a beautiful bath space, updating your bathroom with relative regularity is important. While some bathroom updates are perhaps prohibitively expensive, there are some inexpensive bathroom updates that can make a major difference.
1. Fresh coat of Paint – Cover your painted walls with a fresh coat of paint to change the look — and the hue — of your bathroom. Select a paint color that is decidedly different from the one your walls currently wear to ensure that your change is an obvious one.
2. Rack Replacement – Replace your existing towel racks and toilet paper roll holder to revamp the look of your space. Select racks in a metallic hue that fits with the theme of your space, such as brushed silver racks for a modern and earthy bathroom or oiled bronze ones for a bathroom with old-world charm.
3. New Mirror – Replacing a mirror is one of the easiest of the inexpensive bathroom updates you can tackle. If your current above-vanity mirror lacks charm and is small, swap it out for a larger one with a decorative frame.
4. Updating Lighting – Lighting can get expensive, leading many to shy away from this bathroom updating option. However, if you shop smart you can get a new lighting fixture for a prominent space in your bathroom affordably.
5. Shower Curtain – Your shower is a dominant feature within your space. If your shower curtain has long-ago started to show its age, replacing it with a new one can make a huge difference without costing you much money.
6. Added Storage Space – A bathroom that is cluttered will necessarily look more cramped. Enable yourself to cut down on the clutter by adding some storage space to your bathroom. Purchase a storage rack that is designed to fit above the toilet and place it in your bath space. Once you do, you can utilize this space to store the odds and ends that you must keep in your bathroom without allowing the space to look cluttered and unkempt.
7. Replace Accessories – The accessories that fill your bath space can quickly become dated and are very inexpensive to replace. You can completely change the complexion of your bath space by swapping out your soap dish, replacing some silk plants that have picked up dust and procuring a new set of hand towels.
While inexpensive bathroom updates can make a difference, sometimes these economical fixes just aren’t enough to create the new look you so fervently desire. If you are ready to invest a little more in modernizing your bathroom, consider some more professional changes such as those offered by South Shore Dream Bath. Request a free quote by visiting our contact us page and speak to the professionals at South Shore Bath about what they can do to turn your utilitarian bath into the bathroom of your dreams.