Soaking in a bathtub can be relaxing after a long day at the office. But for most, especially in this hectic environment, showers just can’t be beat. This is why many people are deciding on tub to shower conversions.
What’s in a shower?
For the past few decades, showers have moved out of the locker rooms and into the home. Now, any bathroom without a shower is the odd man out. There are a few reasons why you might want to join the ranks:
- Better Safety — Bathtubs can be dangerous. Each year, there are thousands of accidents involving tubs and their surrounding areas. Showers provide a lower threshold and more space to move around, thereby reducing the chances of falling and other injuries.
- Convenience — Showers are faster, no doubt about it. When a person says they’re going to jump in the shower “for just a few minutes,” they mean it. For those of us who are short on time in the morning or simply need a quick cleansing, taking a shower is clearly the best method, hands down.
- Sanitary and Water-Saving Reasons — Unless a person is simply trying to relax, no one wants to sit in their own filth. And when it comes time to rinse off or wash your hair, you either do so with dirty bath water or run more fresh water, which isn’t the ideal way to conserve.
- Lower Prep Time — If you wish to take a bath, you have to let the water run in order to fill up the tub. Often, you must check on the temperature a few times to make sure that it doesn’t either give you hypothermia or third degree burns when you slip inside. Showers heat up within minutes, at most, and can easily be adjusted before stepping in.
- Aesthetics — Sure, there are some awesomely designed bathtubs out there, but if there isn’t already a shower attached, it’s a good chance that your tub is in average shape, at best. Showers, with their sliding doors and ornately designed showerheads, add a touch of style to the home, not to mention added value.
How is conversion accomplished?
There are two primary factors to consider when deciding on a conversion:
- Cost-effective — Tub to shower conversions do not have to destroy your wallet. Whether it’s for a personal home, senior, or assisted living, tub to shower conversions are an inexpensive way to enhance your home and your bathroom, without the need for a complete remodel.
- Fast Installation — Bathroom remodels can take days, sometimes weeks, if not longer. A conversion, however, is completed in less than one day. You can start the conversion as soon as you wake up in the morning and take a shower just before bed.
As you can see, tub to shower conversions can be simple and cost-effective. With all the advantages that come with having a shower, there’s very little reason not to take the plunge…no pun intended
Click here to get a free in home estimate, we’ll come out and show you how easy and affordable it is to convert your tub into a shower.