Installing a walk-in bath in your home is a significant and time-consuming investment for any homeowner to make. With that in mind, it’s understandable if you want to make as little mistakes as possible during the installation process. With that in mind, you should ask your contractor a few important questions during your consultation. But what exactly are these questions that you should ask?
In this article, South Shore Dream Bath, the pros that offer a reasonable bathroom renovation cost, lists the eight questions you should ask before having a walk-in tub installed, starting with:
1. How Low is the Threshold? – The threshold is one of the most important features of any walk-in bath as they allow you to safely enter and exit. While they vary by brand, the default range is three to seven inches and the lower the threshold is, the safer it will be to enter.
2. How Wide is the Door? – The design of the door can greatly impact the walk-in bath’s usability. Therefore, make sure to ask your contractor about the door’s dimensions to ensure you can safely enter and sit in your walk-in tub.
3. How Many Handrails are There? – The handrails can easily assist you in securing yourself as you enter your bath so make sure to properly discuss its position and amount with your contractor before installation so you can safely use your walk-in bath.
4. Does It Come With a Warranty? – A warranty can help you repair or replace your walk-in tub should something happen to it while it’s still in effect. With that in mind, like your bathroom home improvements pro about your warranty options so you can be worry-free as long as you own it. Experts also recommend that you choose a brand with lifetime protection.
5. What are Their Therapeutic Features? – Another reason why walk-in baths are sought after is because of their therapeutic features. Therefore, before having a specific model installed, ask your contractor what are their therapeutic features first so you can properly determine if that’s the right model for you.
6. Are Controls Easily Within Reach? – Before having your walk-in bath installed, ask your contractor if the bath’s controls are easily within reach while you use it. If they’re too far or positioned in an awkward angle, it can be difficult to use as you bathe.
7. Does the Bath Have Slip-Resistant Surfaces? – A slip-resistant surface on your walk-in bath is another way to keep yourself safe as you enter and exit your bath. While many walk-in baths have slip-resistant surfaces in various areas, it’s doesn’t always encompass the entirety of your bath. With that in mind, ask your contractor where the non-slip surfaces are to ensure your safety as you bathe.
8. How Many Jets are There and Their Positions? – While the number of jets is important, the vital question that you should ask your contractor is where they’re positioned. Ask if they’re designed to target specific areas of your body to ensure that you’re getting a bath that can target stress points in your body.
Need assistance in designing a bathroom remodel? Simply turn to South Shore Dream Bath. When it comes to bathroom remodels and shower replacement services, we are the leading professionals to approach and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (781)-733-5405 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.