While acrylics are a very delicate material, homeowners must understand that acrylic shower bases are the same thing too. This type of base is strong and flex-resistant with a smooth finish resisting chipping and cracking This is proof that enough research for its installation and careful cleaning for this material are essential. To guide you through the basics of its upkeep, read further this guide by your acrylic shower replacement expert.
Make use of the appropriate waterproofing materials on your walls.
- If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, this is a good thing to consider. Just ensure that you’re purchasing the right item because they are known to be generally inexpensive and easy to install.
- Work with a reliable contractor who not only knows what’s best for your property— whether it’s acrylic vs. tile shower or walk-in tubs— but also someone who understands the importance of waterproofing.
- For cleaning: always wipe the surface with a soft, damp sponge, squeegee, or cloth.
Never choose the cheapest option. It’s better to explore your options for this kind of material.
- Do not assume that acrylic bases negatively affect your design. Like any home feature, it has a variety of styles to choose from. It’s unlikely that a homeowner won’t find something that matches their general aesthetics.
- For cleaning: You should never use an abrasive material like brushes. For unfamiliar surfaces, be sure to test in a small, inconspicuous area first.
At South Shore Dream Bath, we are proud to serve all of the South Shore and Cape Cod s with quality bathtub and shower replacements and enhancements.
For answers to any questions or a free consultation about our bathroom upgrades such as installing shower wall panels, get in touch with us today. Call our local office at (781) 427-7569 or fill out our contact form and a member of our team will get back to you ASAP.